Classes are Offered in the Following Forms/Categories of Dance:
- Hip Hop
- Irish Step/Ethnic
- Creative Movement
- Broadway Theater/Pantomime
- Zumba Fitness
- Adult Classes
- Preschool Classes
Pre-School Classes: Geared for 3-6 year olds, our pre-school classes offer boys and girls an intro to basic dance styles while building a sense of self-confidence, teamwork and creativity in a fun, structured and supervised environment. All pre-school classes meet for 1/2hr 1 time per week and each class performs a routine in our Summer Recital.
- Pre-Ballet Boys and girls are taught basic ballet skills, terminology and coordination.
- Pre-Tap Boys and girls are taught basic tap technique, rhythm and coordination.
- Creative Movement Children explore movement while being taught a combination of ballet and tumbling basics, rhythm and coordination. Through games and improvisation students are given the opportunity to be creative and expressive in their dancing.
- Hippity-Hop Designed for kids who can’t stop movin’, this class teaches fun athletic dance moves to age appropriate music that is sure to keep your little one hippin’ and a hoppin’.
- Tiny Tumblers This Class focuses on basic floor tumbling which increases flexibility, balance, strength, muscle control and discipline.
- Mommy & Me Young participants will be stimulated through dance, music, and play. Marching, dancing, and rhythm activities will be a part of this interactive parent/child playtime.
- Children’s Theatre In this class, students will be introduced to the world of dramatic play and acting through theatre games which help develop Speech and Motor development, plus self-expression and overall social skills. Students will explore theatre through music, movement and storytelling, and the students will perform a short skit in the summer recital.
Beginner Classes: Geared for 6-10 year olds, our beginner classes introduce boys and girls to basic dance styles, focusing on discipline and proper technique, as well as, building self-confidence, teamwork and well-being. All beginner classes, with the exception of our combo classes, meet for 3/4hr 1 time per week and each class performs a routine in the Summer Recital.
Beginner/Intermediate Classes: Geared for 8-12 year olds who have had 2 or more years of dance training. Classes will include more complicated steps and combinations, as well as musicality, rhythm and increased terminology. All B/I Classes, with the exception of our combo classes, meet for 1 hr 1 time a week and each class performs in the Summer Recital.
Intermediate Classes: Geared for students ages 10 and up with 3 or more years of dance training or older students just starting out. Intermediate Dancers are expected to begin to refining their dance techniques and skills. Emphasis is placed on increasing flexibility and proper placement and control of the body. Dancers should be able to recall terminology from memory and demonstrate without assistance. Since we are starting to emerge as performers we will also start to improve and focus on our facial performance qualities. All intermediate classes meet for 1 hour 1 time a week and each class performs a routine in the Summer Recital.
Advanced Classes: For ages 13 and up with 5 or more years of dance training. Advanced students must be technically proficient, experienced in performance, and quite knowledgeable about themselves and their work. Students will be expected to retain knowledge from previous levels. All advanced classes meet for 1 hour 1 time a week and each class performs a routine in the Summer Recital.
Adult Classes: Learn basic dance technique while having fun and staying in shape!! No experience necessary. Performance in the Summer Recital is encouraged but not mandatory.
- Ballet Boys and girls will learn ballet fundamentals and terminology while developing strength, confidence, discipline, balance, and flexibility. As dancers progress they learn more complex choreography and focus on poise and grace while performing.
- Lyrical is a fusion of ballet and jazz, with expressive motions that tell a story. Students will learn lyrical technique along with how to express emotion through movement.
- Jazz This up-beat dance style develops body control, flexibility, musicality and technique. Students will be taught floor progressions, turns, leaps and stylized choreography which becomes more complex as dancers advance.
- Tap Boys and girls are given an introduction to basic tap steps, sounds, and technique, exploring rhythms through call and response, and repetition. More intricate footwork, rhythms and choreography are introduced as dancers progress.
- Acro/Gym This class focuses on fundamental acrobatic technique which includes flexibility, balance, strength, muscle control, discipline & concentration. Students will learn such things as handstands, chin stands, elbow stands, cartwheels, back bends, walkovers, balance, & contortion tricks. This class is great for students looking to enhance their agility, flexibility, & strength.
- Hip-Hop A high-energy class that uses the latest sounds in rap, R&B and pop music together with movements influenced by some of today’s hottest video choreographers.
- Irish Step Dance This class is based on traditional Irish Step Dancing. Students will be taught hard shoe and soft shoe technique. Other Ethnic classes are also available, including Spanish and African.
- Broadway Theatre/Pantomime Students are taught Broadway-style choreography as well as focusing on stage-presence, basic acting and improvisation exercises. Drama Classes for all ages also available.
- Modern This class focuses on freedom of expression, interpretation of music, principles of fall and recovery, control, breathing and balance. Students are taught modern technique while being encouraged to express their emotions and develop artistry through movement.